ENCOURAGING PROGRESS IN LUKE HALL’S CAMPAIGN FOR BETTER BROADBAND COVERAGE

Over the recent months and years, local MP Luke Hall has been campaigning strongly for wider availability of high speed Fibre Broadband connections. While 96% of homes already have a good connection, he has been working with the community to reach the remaining 4%.

 

Having been in regular contact with Openreach, the company who run the UK’s digital network, it has been confirmed to Luke that preliminary plans have now been drawn up to extend Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) to properties in the Badminton area. FTTP is the latest technology, with fibre cables installed directly to the property, and is capable of providing speeds of up to 330mbps.

 

This work is being done in conjunction with the Fastershire BDUK project, which aims to provide superfast broadband in areas not covered by commercial plans.

 

While the project remains in the early stages, once given final sign off by the Fastershire team, it is anticipated that, if approved, the service is likely to be delivered in around 6-9 months.

 

Commenting on the news, Luke all said:

 

“Bringing High Speed internet connections to properties to rural places just like Little Badminton is absolutely vital. At the election in December I made securing better broadband connection a key part of my Positive Plan for South Gloucestershire, and I can assure local residents I will continue fighting for this until we have reached our goal of ensuring every home is connected”

 

Openreach have recommended that local residents keep an eye on the website: www.fastshire.com, where updates will be provided, and final confirmation given later in the year.