Our Positive Plan for the Environment is a firm commitment to tackling climate change and protecting the natural environment. Having lived in rural South Gloucestershire my whole life, I am determined to ensure we maintain our region's biodiversity and greenbelt.
As our local MP, my Positive Plan for the Environment will:
1) Continue to oppose inappropriate development in South Gloucestershire, including the flawed Buckover Garden proposals. Any further housing for our area needs to be proven to be sound and sustainable
2) Deliver NetZero carbon emissions by 2050, with investment in clean energy solutions and green infrastructure
3) Support the Government's 25 Year Environment Plan, protecting our forests and oceans, and encouraging sustainable agriculture
4) Secure rapid electric vehicle charging points, with progress being made to introduce charging facilities in Coalpit Heath and Frampton Cotterell, and Marshfield.
5) Restore local Ash Trees that have become vulnerable to Ash Dieback
Our Positive Plan will ensure all future development has local support and is delivered alongside the right level of transport investment, GP services, and community facilities.