As a local father with a young family of my own, a key part of my Positive Plan for South Gloucestershire focuses on our local schools and education.
Having been taught in rural South Gloucestershire schools myself, I understand the challenges facing our schools and I am determined to ensure we deliver the very best education and support for the next generation.
Please see below the latest progress we have made in our Positive Plan for Schools and Family Life:
1) I have submitted a letter of support to the preliminary consultation round for a brand new SEN school in Thornbury.
2) Funding has been secured for a brand new Secondary School in Lyde Green, which will offer 900 places for local pupils
3) Repairs and maintenance work have been confirmed for rural schools including Frampton Cotterell CofE, Old Sodbury Primary School, Alexander Hosea Primary, and Rangeworthy Primary.
4) The brand new Watermore Primary School building is open, having secured funding to bring forward the exciting redevelopment of the school
5) Exciting announcement of a £10 million refurbishment for Castle School and Marlwood School in Thornbury. This includes a new build at the Castle School as well as refurbishment of existing classroom space. The new building will accommodate new teaching areas for Art, English and Maths and remodelling will accommodate the school’s sixth form.